Favorite Things to Do
- Listening to music
- Reading with Mom
- Playing with his baby brother
- Batting practice at Bushrod Park with Dad
- Building with Legos
- Riding the BART train
- Taking care of Ray on Webkinz.com
- Visiting San Francisco
- Playing Wii (after homework was done)
- Staying the night in Grandma and Grandpa’s big truck
- Going to church with Grandma and Papa
- Playing with Chito the chihuahua and watching movies with Papa and Rebecca
- Sleep-overs with his cousins
- Lawrence Hall of Science, Berkeley, CA
- Chabot Space and Science Center, Oakland, CA
- California Academy of Science, San Francisco, CA
Pop Culture Favorites
- The Beatles
- Terrible Twos
- Star Wars Trilogy
- Cars (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Elmo's World
- Sponge Bob Square Pants
- Little Einsteins
- Imagination Movers
- How It’s Made
- #99 Manny Ramirez
- Ray the Racoon
- WALL-E figures
- Thomas the Train
Favorite Food and Drinks
- Paneer tikka masala, with rice and naan, from House of Curries in Berkeley, CA (look for the picture of Zachary on the shelf above the kitchen here)
- Vanilla milk, made by Martín at Cafe Milano in Berkeley, CA (look for the photo of Zachary behind the counter here)
- Kids meal and frosty from Wendy's after church in Oxnard, CA
- Ultimate cheese pizza from West Coast Pizza in Berkeley, CA
- Frozen yogurt from Yogurt Park in Berkeley, CA
- University of California Golden Bears
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- Anaheim Angels
- Kept a secret collection of boogers in the bathroom near the toilet
- Owned Beatles music on CD, tape, and vinyl
- Loved long drives but constantly car sick
- Memorized the names and order of the planets before kindergarten
- Loved to get two toppings at Yogurt Park in Berkeley, CA
- Learned to love classical music from Little Einsteins and attended the San Francisco Symphony at age 4
- Friends believed he was THE Zachary of Zachary's Pizza
- Loved anything that moved: cars, subways, railroad trains, airplanes, garbage trucks, 18-wheelers, motorcycles. . .
- "Red is the color for Stanford and Stanford is yucky."
- Context: A letter to Santa at Christmas, asking why he wears so much red.
- "This is the life!"
- Context: Uttered at the end of a long, fun day in Tahoe over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Zachary was soaking in the hot tub at the rented cabin when he shared this incredible insight.
- "Dad, I know you're sad because Cal lost. But it's okay. We'll win next time."
- Context: Cal lost a football game and dad came home sad.